The Alexander Torah
The Alexander Torah, commissioned in 1790 by Hanns’ great-great-great grandfather, and still used to this day.
Alexander Family Archive
The Alexander Torah was commissioned in 1790 by Hanns’ great-great-great grandfather. During the 1930s it was kept in one of the Alexanders’ cupboards, and not at the local synagogue, and was saved from destruction during Kristallnacht as a result. The Torah was sent over to England to join the Alexander family in 1936, and is still used to this day at the Belsize Square Synagogue.
Return to all images